Saturday, October 8, 2011

Intro To Aperol

This libation, "Intro To Aperol" comes to us from New York's Pegu Club.  Created by Audrey Sanders as credited by both Kindred Cocktail and members of the eGullet Spirits forum this cocktail features the Italian orange liquer Aperol.  While I previously commended Satan's Whiskers for being a great feature for orange flavored drinks the Intro to Aperol cocktail is much better and is most certainly the best cocktail of the ones reviewed so far (in fact out of everything I make this will be made nearly as often as whiskey sours I believe).

Intro To Aperol
2 oz Aperol
1 oz Gin -- (Tanqueray)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1 tsp white sugar
2 dashes Angostura

Shake well, strain, and serve.  Honestly I can't think of one bad thing to say about this drink, for me it is near perfection.  It is well balanced, complex, and features an ingredient I had yet to try as the base liquor, this cocktail is a serious winner!  It is like drinking something a chef created as an homage to oranges everywhere...except a bartender had at it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment